Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Some Sweary Stress Relief

About three weeks before my wedding the stress was gradually strangling me….

When I'm stressed, I tend to swear -  a lot.  Not that I don't actually swear a lot anyway, but added stress just makes me a bit more vocal.  Ask anyone who knows me, they'll tell you.

So when I was approached to review a product, I literally jumped at the chance.  (Well, not literally.  I mean, obviously I didn’t jump out of my seat and grab it, but you know what I mean.)

One of my other little pleasures (apart from the aforesaid swearing) is colouring.  Yes, I said it.  I-like-to-colour.  It's that pent up artist in me that just never gave up hoping I would be the next Vincent Van Gough [pronounced Goff, not Go, dear America].  Obviously, that didn’t happen.

I've always liked to colour and it's been a while, but adult colouring books are everywhere at the moment. Apparently it's a thing now.  I've seen a few around and they're usually full of flowers and puppies and other cutsie things which are okay, but don't really peak my interest that much.  Not so now.  This little beauty right here is perfect for me - right up my street, as it were.

The only really true 'adult' colouring book I've seen so far.


Yes, it's a real adult book totally chock full of sweary pictures and affirmations.  What the heck?

The book is quite small actually, 8" x 8" but I suppose that's so it can fit into your bag and you can have a sneaky colouring session wherever you are.  [Don't foget your crayons]

It’s got some great colouring pages, and this one just made me feel at home.  (I am English and Rawr, I will). (??)


If I were to be a little negative about this book though, its that some of the lines are really, really thick and it takes away from the picture.  But perhaps it's designed like that because, after all, we're not all Van Gough are we?

If you want a copy, you can get it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment